Fixed orthodontic braces achieve a proper proportion of the jaws, an optimal teeth line as well as an ideal position of teeth in them. Therapy with the help of fixed braces solves problems such as:
- Dominant (protruded) upper jaw – distal bite
- Protruded lower jaw – progeny
- Lack of room in teeth lines (“dense teeth”, “crooked teeth”)
- Excess of room in teeth lines (gapped teeth)
- High Gothic palate
- Overlapped, rotated, inclining teeth
- Supernumerary tooth - mesiodens
- Hypodontia (missing teeth)
The decision on whether fixed braces is an ideal solution for you will be made after a detailed anamnesis clinical review, functional analysis the analysis of study models and x-ray as well as of face photographs.
Fixed braces are differentiated by the material they were made of:
• Metal braces – contemporary sophisticated technology has come out with a new generation of metal braces which are of smaller size, less conspicuous and increasingly meet esthetic standards. Elastic bands that fix wire to the brace can vary in so the braces can look interesting and fun. Patients can choose colors of the elastic bands themselves at obtain a new color at every dental check and so get new looks.
• Esthetic braces - we apply are completely transparent. Many patients insist on having the invisible braces on a tooth, which is ensured with these braces and which gives them the self-confidence to smile during the therapy
• Lingual braces - are the same as traditional metal braces, except that the brackets and wires are placed on the inside of teeth, so that they cannot be seen in a smiling patient.